What’s New for 2018
There are some updates for the new academic year that may impact your parties, so please be aware of them when making plans.
- The first day to host an on-campus party with alcohol service for each qaurter of the 2018-2019 academic year is as follow:
- Fall Quarter - Friday, September 28
- Winter Quarter - Wednesday, January 9
- Spring Quarter - Wednesday, April 3
- The NSO Dry Period is extended until Monday, September 24 at 8 a.m.
- Party planning will now follow more closely the End-Quarter Policy, which means that on-campus registered parties will not be allowed beginning 7 days prior to the start of examinations. The last day to host parties for each quarter of the 2018-2019 academic year will be as follows
- Fall Quarter - Sunday, December 2
- Winter Quarter - Sunday, March 17
- Spring Quarter - Thursday, May 30
- The Party Planning Guidelines have been updated to reflect new changes to sober monitor staffing. We now ask you provide 1 sober monitor for every 25 guests.
- An extensive Sober Monitor training has been developed and is available on request for organizations that plan to host numerous, or larger parties.
- The online Party Planning Workshop has been changed to a test that requires at least an 80/100 score. We feel this requires a better knowledge of the Party Planning Guidelines than the previous workshop. At the end of the workshop is a section to leave feedback about the party planning guide and workshop. We'd love to hear from you!