What’s New for 2017
There are some updates for the new academic year that may impact your parties, so please be aware when making plans.
- The first day to host an on-campus party with alcohol service for the 2017-2018 academic year will be Friday, September 29, 2017.
- The NSO Dry Period has been extended until Tuesday, September 26 at 8 a.m.
- Party planning will now follow more closely the End-Quarter Policy, which means that on-campus registered parties will not be allowed beginning 7 days prior to the start of examinations. The last day to host parties for each quarter of the 2016-2017 academic year will be as follows:
- Fall Quarter - Sunday, December 3
- Winter Quarter - Sunday, March 11
- Spring Quarter - Sunday, June 3
- The Party Planning Guidelines have been updated to reflect new changes to sober monitor staffing. We now ask you provide 1 sober monitor for every 25 guests.
- An extensive Sober Monitor training has been developed and is available on request for organizations that plan to host numerous, or larger parties.
- The online Party Planning Workshop has been changed to a test that requires at least an 80/100 score. We feel this requires a better knowledge of the Party Planning Guidelines than the previous workshop.